The Truth about sanparks Booking system

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
PRWIN

Looking for Info

Post by PRWIN »

Hi guys

I'm looking for info of a ?????? that was implemented in the early 1990 for free accommodations in Kruger where a donation was given for x amount on days life long ,known as Donor accommodations.

What I want is a copy of the contract if possible and the names of these Donors. A copy of the contract would help a lot to predict the path forward on this matter.

Please e-mail it to my private address

Some of you will know what I am talking about as I have been aware of it for some time but did not know the extent of it till this past weekend and the implications to the normal paying public which I received a first hand demonstration.

I have being quite as this is being discussed with Sanparks awaiting there outcome, but additional info will be very handy to have.

Thanks

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
iNdlovu

Re: Looking for Info

Post by iNdlovu »

Prwin, this has been quite a hot topic for a while and SanParks refuses to divulge any info in this regard, including who the donors are.

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

iNdlovo

I have a couple of names already, but that is not the issue I WANT THE CONTRACT TO GO FURTHER AND A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET UPSET EVEN IF IT TAKES ME A COUPLE OF YEARS TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.

If it is how I think it is :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: boy o boy I will enjoy the payback :evil: :evil:

Also I,m not sure why they are mum about it as far as I have being told is that the dear Doctor has gone to court to try and stop this but lost ,due to the way the contract was set up .So I think he is also quite upset about this -O- -O-

H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Again!!!

Just the other day it crossed my mind as to how much
trauma and public criticism can any institution handle??

It seems only once that bottomless pit of financial fortune
has run dry and all has gone to waste that these takers will
turn their backs and leave!! SA will be left with barren holes
where national pride used to exist but I suppose it was all
well distributed amongst the citizens.

Heh,.. H.e
dup

Post by dup »

Can't help much,too short time spend in this boiling pot,but :
Was driving last year near Bateleur camp and chat to other "Tourist", they then make the comment that they stay at Bateleur for free as their parents was donateurs in building the camp.Did not then understand the remark, is this what you talking about PRWIN ?.

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Thanks dup

Yes it is.

PRWIN

The Truth about sanparks Booking system

Post by PRWIN »

A lot of you are most properly wondering what happened to use on the last trip over 28 September weekend to Biyamiti.

Well this is how it went. On arriving at Biyamiti we where booked into chalet no 13 , but the guy at the reception then told us that there was a problem with the geyser and if possible to move to no 14 the next day as they where wanting to fix it again as they had not completed there work (he was chuckling at the time which I thought kind of odd) ,but offered to throw in a game drive for the inconvenience ,which I agreed.

Arriving at the chalet we unpacked and where pleasantly surprised to see that there was hot water and inspection on the geyser showed no work as to what we where told (strange)

Next mourning after the game drive we stopped at reception to see what was going on and also to check if our suspicions where correct . Entering the reception we were greeted by someone else. A very helpful chap and we asked him if we must still move or had the person fixed the geyser.(Well we were met with total bewilderment and he wanted to get the guy to fix the geyser immediately who had just returned from leave). I told him that the geyser is working and it was in order, now he could not understand why the previous reception person wanted us to move if the geyser was in order. We told him we are staying in the unit and to cancel the game drive as there was now no reason for it anymore. After lunch he arrived at the unit and for the first time we heard the truth that this unit was allocated to someone else and he was the donor of the unit (What's a donor?)
but he would talk the gentleman and book him into no 14 for the Saturday Night leaving use in no 13 as we had one continuous booking for two nights. (Little did we know)

About 17h00 the receptionist comes past us while we were on our game drive about 10 km from camp and stops us saying big problems. He has been looking for use as the donor is demanding his unit. We told him we will be back in camp shortly and then we will try and sort this problem out. Arriving back at camp we were informed that all our stuff had been moved to no 14 without or consent. Well lets just say the ...... hit the fan and all politeness flew out the window.

Also our booking where changed on the computer without or knowledge as well. We now have two bookings with different numbers compared to the original

It is interesting to know what people will divulge when they put in a corner or pulled over the coals.

People with large families all I can say I feel sorry for you as some members have complained that they cannot get bookings or the large units are taken before the booking systems open up .WELL HERE IS WHY.

First up the donors

This is a group of people that acquired accommodation in the early 1990 when they donated money for camps to be built with the catch that they would then be given X number of days free a year for life. Most have got 40 days or more.

Take 40 days and divide it in the amount of school holidays and you will see that all the school holidays will be taken up until December as most of these people are pensioners and have children with kids as well therefore all go away in the school holidays

The camps are as follows

Biyamiti
Talamati
Shumuwini
Bateleur

The donor accommodation is quite easy to recognize as they have a locked cupboard in it saying "Private Donors Cupboard".

Okay these guys have first option to book on there units and can book any time in advance as long as it is before 12 months ahead of the time they want to arrive.

Now come the tour operators

They can book any camp or bush camp that has not been taken by the donors 12 months in advance.

The public now stand in a queue thinking they have first option . Surprise they have only got the left-overs, specially during peak seasons.

Dewi

Re: The Truth about sanparks Booking system

Post by Dewi »

I bet you would not have been so annoyed and would have gladly moved with no arguments if the guy at reception had simply explained the reasons first of all and had been up front with you about the double booking. By not telling you the truth in the first place just makes you more annoyed.

Simple customer care policies could have prevented this from spoiling your time there.

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Myself and RP just met one such donor on Friday afternoon. Once my power is on again I will tell you a bit more, very interesting.

Sirheni can be added to that list PR. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
dup

Post by dup »

Is this open knowledge?
-Tour operator's was guarantee accommodation and that put the tender/concession price up.
-Not enough money to build camps so time-sharing was been sold,now how open was that process,If that was put on an open market sure you wold be able to build a 100 camps.(Only available to certain friend's of friends remember it was before 1994 - nothing new under the sun)
Thank's PRWIN at least one dark area less.

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”