Kruger Rules: Car Windows Open or Not?

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
harrys

Re: Change in the rules pamphlet

Post by harrys »

That's petty, they are really trying hard to get rid of tourists @#$ why don't they fine the speedsters and people who litter.......oh yes it's to much work, forgot about that 0- :evil:

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Really a good move to fine people for taking photos with open windows, adds to customer satisfaction lol

But then ... it might drive people away and the parks are less crowded ;-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Or it might just be a next stepping stone towards abolishing self-drive options...
You'll need to book a game drive if you still want to be able to take photos without your car window
between your lens and the creature / landscape.

O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Probably just a means of income generation O**

Immagine how many visitors you can fine O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Oh yes, a certain demographic gets hammered with fines and notices in all govt spheres of late as the money has vanished. O**

However, I suspect there may be another side to this story... :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It cannot be true 0*\

Nobody has been hurt by an animal because of an open window as far as I know -O-

It is ridiculous, to say the least. When the news appeared some months ago, I was convinced that it was a typo/mistake. How can they advertise photographic safaris if you must keep your windows shut 0-

If this idiocy is a rule, I am going to cancel my next trip!! 0:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

From SANParks Kruger National Park Facebook Group:

Bee Lingg
15 hrs
Regarding the "Closed Window Rule," there is NO rule saying one MUST CLOSE the windows in Sanparks National Parks. Please stop spreading this wrong information, all it will create is even more people sitting at sightings with engine running and aircon switched on because they believe this story. The numbers of people not switching the engine off at sightings are increasing year after year. So far it's mostly people just not using common sense, but if we go on discussing this non-existent rule, some might believe it's true. PLEASE 😘😞😆

This post is NOT about protruding arms. Not about enforcing rules.

Do not copy Max Roxburgh's comment in here, his comment only confuses the readers.

Thank you

:-?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

From the same group as above O**

Dalene Preston Guys, with respect - we visitors cannot come here onto social media and bash Kruger day in and day out for not enforcing the rules, and when they do, we want to be choosy about which rules they should enforce. Do we know for sure how far the person's arm was outside the car? It is like those who say it is fine to use a cellphone to call in sightings, when the rules about cellphone use are clear.
The rule is clear.
We cannot have our cake and eat it.

· 1d

Dalene Preston There have been incidents of baboons attacking people in their cars through open windows. We have seen the one of the impala jumping through a car window while being chased by a cat (predator). The rules are put in place for a very good reason, not because SANParks thinks – well, let us make their visit as miserable as possible. If someone is hurt – goodness, imagine what will be said about SANParks then.

Alf

Post by Alf »

0*\

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

RogerFraser wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:53 am There has been some debate on the Sanparks Kruger FB page .It appears the rules have been changed on the entry pamphlet and now it is being queried why and when this was changed .Posting here for members who are not on FB.

Madeleine Skeoch‎SANParks - Kruger National Park
April 14 ·

Looking for official clarification from SANParks please. We were given this updated leaflet with our permit in January at Skukuza airport. It has changed from previous versions and now says “Vehicle doors, WINDOWS, sunroof and convertibles should remain closed at all times” Is this a rule change or a misprint? We asked at camp reception and were told “it’s always been windows closed.” we knew that wasn’t right so I emailed on my return but have got no response yet. Heading back to the park this Friday so would like to know. Thanks

So far no official confirmation is forthcoming but some have posted screenshots of older rules that clearly show open windows are allowed and in fact they are encouraged ...

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”