SANParks: Respect our animals

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
nan

Re: SANParks: Respect our animals

Post by nan »

I had the same, near Berg-en-Dale... first I was alone, the couple stay a long time in the road, then arrive 2 cars... and I had to say : close your window 0*\ there was also childrens hanging out of the window 0-
then the couple went to the bush ^0^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

What happens if I report an individual who is breaking the law in Kruger? As far I know he gets a fine only unless it’s a serious offence.

What happens if he refuses to pay the fine? I assume it will have to go to court, but what happens if I’m now relaxing in Toti 700km away. Do I have to drive back and testify at my own cost?

I personally don’t think that many individuals reported have ever felt the consequences of their actions. :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Have tried to find out what happens with fines for years, BC! They are not reflected in SP budget...traffic fines go to cops, maybe, as National? -O-

Even no proof that the driver who killed a herd of Impala in 2011 actually ever paid the massive fine... -O-

Regarding non-traffic violations, (speeding, basically) SP is the complainant if one of their officials files the report, for all intents and purposes a civil lawsuit based on the terms and conditions of entering their property, should they wish to proceed like that. It is a bit of a grey area, as SP is a parastatal. For example, with poacher arrests, the police have to be involved at some stage, and are, no matter who did the arrest.

Once pics of tourist offenders are sent in, they become evidence for a potential arrest/docket/court case, initiated by SP as per above rules, and the provider of the info becomes a witness, not a complainant. Hence can be summoned to a trial or asked to provide an affadavit, for example.

It is all a bit murky, and I think SP relies on the fact that at least some offenders pay up, no questions asked? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

=O: =O: =O:

"Start next forum" =O: =O: =O: =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

:-?

Duke

Post by Duke »

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

O** =O: =O: =O:

PennyinSA

Post by PennyinSA »

Oh my word - that is brilliant.

Report - my voet in 'n visblik!

PLACE: 7 klms from Lower Sabie on the H4-2
SITUATION: We join a sighting of a leopard that is less than 20 meters from the road - only 2 cars
DEVELOPMENT: Mayhem with 30 cars and people out of vehicles, taking pictures through their sunroof with their cell phones and leopard becoming more and more distressed:
RESULT: Leave sighting as its now a bun fight
ACTION: Drive straight to Lower Sabie and report at reception desk pleading that a section ranger or staff member be brought in to control the situation. Show the staff behind the desk all the pictures on my camera of the debacle
RESPONSE: Where are your wires? Sorry I am not quite understanding - lengthy discussion in local language with by now a full spectrum of very interested guests all witnessing what I am clearly reporting in person.
END RESULT: As I do not carry around the""wires"to connect my camera to a computer - a shrug of the shoulders and - 'sorry then I can't help you'!!!!!

Come on I am so over these ridiculous requests from Sanparks.

Incident Two - come across Mozambique vehicle on S28 putting in GPS co-ordinates of a crash of rhino. Clearly not interested in the sighting as a tourist but up to no good. AHHH here is a luck - we have signal so we can phone the emergency number. Get through and clearly state name of road as well as details of what we have witnessed - answer from someone who could barely speak English - where is dat rod in de Park????

Give up!!!!!!!!

nan

Post by nan »

it's normal... we travel always with all our wires 0- =O: =O: =O:

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”