Floods Reveal Scandals in Kruger NP Staff Villages

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Twigga

Re: Floods Reveal Scandals in KNP Staff Villages

Post by Twigga »

Goodness me,I turn my back for a few days and what do we have here....

Talk about trying to fight fire with fire, seems like this flood 2013 alot more surfaced than just a few tons of debris 0*\ O**

The full attention are now on this forum where in fact it must diverted else where, like wait......is that another illegal alien jumping the fence/steering the canoe into Kruger??!! Oi

O/ O/ O/

No sugar coating matters on this side ^Q^ that's why I love this forum!!!!!

Somewhere in Kruger
prings

Post by prings »

SANParks has brought in Maj. Gen. Jooste (ret) to be the Commanding Officer for the ranger corpse in our fight against poaching, not as a mascot for irresponsible and uninformed anti-government activists
I Wonder why Maj. Gen. Jooste (ret) is the Commanding Officer of a DEAD ranger. One would assume he is the Commanding Officer for the ranger CORPS. Most unprofessional for a media release considering the whole context is the poaching/killing of rhinos.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

prings, this was another great line....
Our employees are traumatized enough at the moment, having lost all their possessions in the floods and possibly lost their lives
So, they have lost all their possessions and possibly their lives....don't they know? :O^

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

SanParks has once again turned efforts to point out problems within their management philosophy by going on the defensive and showing an unwillingness to even investigate the potential problem, if we read between the lines of their response. Or are they already aware that these problems may exist and choose to hide them from the public.

As mentioned by RP above, the sources from whence this information came cannot be mentioned for obvious reasons (poachers play a deadly game & play for keeps) but we have absolutely no reason to doubt the information supplied by them and have given SanParks the heads up on potential loopholes in their security.

Let it be known that the majority of our members feel very strongly about our national parks, we cherish them and want to assist in protecting them and therefore point out issues that in the view of members, need correcting by SanPark's management. It is unfortunate that SanParks management see our attempts to bring issues of grave concern as an attack on their integrity and retaliate in an aggressive manner. It would be so much more productive and beneficial to our parks if the management team would investigate these issues and then decide if something needs to be changed.

We sincerely hope that these allegations will be investigated and results reported to stake holders who are the citizens of this country.
This thread will now be locked.

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Herewith an article from Tuesday's Lowvelder:

It is a rehash of SanParks' media release, combined with the mention of my initial post on 25 January here.

The concerning things are as follows: Firstly, I never mentioned Shingwedzi at all, not even my sources did. In fact I specifically publically mentioned Skukuza to draw attention away, as my sources are not there, assuming SANParks would pick up on the fact that Skukuza was never evacuated. They did not pick up, and I had to send them more hints to that effect.

Many places were evacuated, not only Shingwedzi...one can even read SANParks' own releases and updates. The point is, if Shingwedzi HAD been the source of the information, staff or evacuators there could now be under suspicion as whistleblowers...and this is a deadly situation to be in!

I regard this as a serious mistake on SANParks' part, leaping to their own conclusions, and starting their own "wild goose chase". My post was intended to get SP serious about looking at security and access control in all staff villages, and I am withdrawing nothing and AW management supports this view.

Secondly, it makes little sense for SANParks' to attack OSCAP after they used our info. Perhaps they prefer to use their legal department to intimidate individuals only, for the moment? In my opinion this aggressive response will lessen the chance of whistleblowers coming forward, not improve them.

Thirdly it is of concern that the newspaper chose to run a story like this more than a week after of SANParks' announcement...in fact they were aware of the story before that.
Some say that Lowvelder may be in a difficult position, as they print the SANParks Times, and their Media group, Caxton, entered into an agreement regarding cooperation with SANParks regarding various local projects. However, I have always had a good relationship with Lowvelder, trusting the integrity of the editor, and prefer to see it as an attempt to give a fuller background including the origin of the story, confirming AW as the source, which is fair enough!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Intresting .

I agree as if they did find something or ??? as the statement from them was also possibly lost there lives, sounds to me that things did come to light and thank you Sanparks for naming the camp =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Thanks for clearing that up RP! \O

Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

This does not sit right.
Why are we deflecting instead of playing defence or offence.
Get rid of the real problem or problems and just make sure a mistake like this never happens again.

Do not trust information.
It does not where it comes from.
CHECK IT FIRST!!!

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
Toko

Post by Toko »

" 'They are on a wild goose chase' This was Mr Reynold Takuli's response"

Interesting to read that Lowvelder had contacted SANParks' General Manager: Media, PR & Stakeholder Relations.

mposthumus

Post by mposthumus »

The truth will be revealed ^Q^ Why don't we have a "giggle-giggle" smiley :twisted:

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”