The reason why KNP is fully booked ?

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: The reason why KNP is fully booked ?

Post by Richprins »

Much appreciated! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
dup

Post by dup »

leachy wrote::-) :-) :-) :-)

richprins.

allow me to interrupt your kissing session to try and explain.

taxis and other vehicles may not use the park as a shortcut to the border posts, they must have booked accommodation, which they do.... but do not utilize this accommodation but merely still use the park as a through road.

as a result availability becomes very scarce because the transit travelers are booking the accommodation.

they create a scarcity of available camp sites for the normal visitor who wants to book in advance to actually stay in the park

0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\
Correct, and it mostly happen via the Giryondo borderpost with Letaba the "most" effected. Then there was also a other aspect and that is that a taxi book for one night pay for it and use a exit pass to fit in two trips on a one night booking.
The good news is that Sanparks ,so it seems , take it serious.

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

And what are they doing about it Dup. Has this practice stopped?

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I met a guy at the gate about a month ago. He was complaining about the same thing.

A week before I met him he tried to get place to stay at Letaba in the morning but it was "full". He went in and drove around until 14h00, then went to Letaba,...sorry fully booked. Two hours later he tried again, giving himself enough time to exit should there be no cancellations. Guess what, there was now place available. The strange thing is that, by 20h00 after he had braaied and was enjoying a cold one, his hut was the only one occupied in that circle! 0*\

Maybe SANParks should reconsider their plan. Force the transit crowd to pay top dollar per person for transit and don't force them to make a booking. This would work better for SANParks and people trying to get legit bookings at short notice. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

\O

I never agreed with the plan in the first place...rather more law enforcement on the "danger routes" and relevant gates, and get them slowly outta there!

Kruger is now a port of entry/exit for SA, and there is absolutely nothing that will change that, unfortunately. It comes straight from the top...above SanParks regarding long-term planning.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
dup

Post by dup »

A few more things that I think we must see in context or am I busy to just make a fuz..... :O^
- suddenly drivers have to book out at Numbi gate. leave the car and go to the office.
- No more exit permits will be issue at Numbi gate(don't now why Numbi is mention , might be a problem that is not public known.)
- With the press release from Lesego(Sanparks) ,on reaction of I think it was Scipio's posting and the subject was locked , Lesego put statistics down that shows there is figure's that does not add up.He did not admit irregularity's but take a very firm tone in the promise of a investigation.Why did I think this is imported?

-Somebody suddenly see the importance(I hope this is not a pie in the sky) of a good and effective PR. Lesego on Sanparks forum is starting to get it right.This with the point that this story are not involving Sanparks personnel ,actions or police gives them the opportunity to act "strongly" and fast.
-They, and it is ironic want to show they did care about complaint's.

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Anything is possible dup. ;-) We must just keep them on their toes and in that way we are winning already! \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
dup

Post by dup »

\O \O

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Yes I saw it was blocked when I was in Kruger and looked at the Forum Indaba on my Lap Top and my secret name I have had for 2 years ..Banned officially but look at the index finger....Ja interesting about the taxis.....but at Satara the campsite was FULLLLL out of school hols but then I saw why...Many of my neighbours booked late so could only get say 3 nights camping and then 4 nights at Maroela and then another 2 back at satara...So on the day they are meant to go to Maroela they drive to Maroela ...book in at Orpen and drive back to Satara and carry on staying...In the old days at the huts for example the Susie came to your hut as you parked your car and you HAD to habnd her a slip with how many days you are there and camping the same...Now they havent a clue who stays where!! LOL

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I remember the slips Peter. \O And it's so easy to control...allocate a specific site and have a camp site manager to control it. -O-

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”