Trophy hunting: the scale of the killing

Information and Discussions on Hunting
Flutterby

Re: Trophy hunting: the scale of the killing

Post by Flutterby »

Hate the idea of trophy hunting! :evil: Actually, I don't like any hunting but I suppose I do understand hunting for the pot, I would just never do it myself. :X:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If you were hungry enough, you probably would :twisted:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Or maybe I would become a vegetarian! O**

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I certainly would, if there were enough green stuff around ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Lots of things we don't understand why people do it...but we'll take the money! ^Q^

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
100ponder

Post by 100ponder »

Evolution created all humans as "hunter-gatherers" but in more recent times more and more forms of gene degradation is occurring. In the instance of this discussion we seem to have identified the growing scenario where the "hunter" gene is dropped leaving only the "gatherer" genes in sections of the human race.. . . . . ;-)
( This phenomenon seem to have established itself ever since UFOs have started to be observed by specially talented persons.) :-)

PS :- To a degree Trophy Hunters want to preserve a special animal near himself and, in the knowledge that such an animal will not live forever, he keeps its trophy, a photo would be somewhat like getting someone else to secure your special specimen for you.

Personally I have a few quite good trophies because during meat hunts I tend to select the animals with bigger horns and those horns always came home with me.

okie

Post by okie »

100ponder wrote:PS :- To a degree Trophy Hunters want to preserve a special animal near himself and, in the knowledge that such an animal will not live forever, he keeps its trophy, a photo would be somewhat like getting someone else to secure your special specimen for you.

Hmmm ... I would love to keep my granddaughter with me too , but must I shoot her to keep her with me -O- O/

And let's say my wife suffers from terminal cancer ...............she is not going to live forever ........ and of course , neither will I 0*\

But I suppose , everyone to its own --- if the ancient Egyptian Pharoahs had all their prized stuff buried with them , then I suppose it's OK in modern times to stuff them and put it up against our walls :X:

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It is not ok, not in 2016 :X:

okie

Post by okie »

Exactly Liz 0*\ And so is trophy hunting :O^ It serves absolutely no purpose except for selfish egotistical enhancement 0*\

Enough is enough
100ponder

Post by 100ponder »

Loosing the "hunter" gene clearly causes a new strain of logic that is alien in the world of real people. --00--

Return to “Hunting”