Pop-up camp to open in Kruger National Park

Information & Discussion on Other Development Plans for Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Pop-up camp to open in Kruger National Park

Post by Lisbeth »

Hi Phillip and welcome to the forum 0/*

You will most likely not get an official answer. I don't know how the climate is these days on the Sanparks forum, but I doubt that they have changed very much O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Hello, Philip! 0/*

Ja, this is the place! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Welcome Philip! 0/*
Dzombo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:56 pm So best stick to the travel tales section and give every story a "cute impala" comment instead. After accumulating the relevant number of "cute impala sighting" comments, they get another Kudu horn. O/

Ok, rant over :evil:
=O: =O:

PhilipG

Post by PhilipG »

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. This is what I posted on the other forum - And again this topic goes quiet, seems no one is really interested in what is happening. This topic started with a detailed overview and investigation and after spending the past week in the Kruger I made it a point to try and work out where this pop up camp is going to be, yet no one wants to comment on it. I looked at the tour operator / camp company facebook page and found loads of marketing posts on the Kruger Grande camp and surprise surprise also several postings of similar camps already been conducted in the Kruger by this company since at least late 2018 and even this past week it seems they had a camp in operation.

Now several questions comes to mind - who supplies the game drive vehicles, who supplies the safety officers ie armed rangers. What revenue is paid to the Kruger for these camps and why is only this company being given the opportunity, surely such an opportunity must be made available to all potential service providers?

It is clear from the images posted on the company facebook that sanparks resources are used, was it for a sanpark specific function or for the trail runs, this we will never know.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Well, we find stuff out for ourselves here, Philip. SANParks are always remarkably secretive, considering they work for the public. Media is looking into it. ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

PhilipG wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm I just lost it, we are obviously fighting a loosing battle with non of the higher powers even considering to answer our questions or listening to our concerns. We ask questions and no answer, then just now I get this on my facebook updates from the official sanparks page advertising the controversial pop up camp! I tried posting the screenshot but no luck. I posted on the other forum asking a few questions ie who provides the game drive service, who acts as the safety officers (game guards) etc and this is obviously now a product supported by SANPARKS with no tender process followed, no opportunity for objections or comments / questions O/
Philip, you have a valid point. Obviously there was no tender for an operator of a mobile camp in Kruger.

If there was a tender, one could check the tender docs (info memorandum etc) and see all the conditions such as security, waste management, services for guests etc.

BTW: The forerunner (Namaqua flower camp) went on tender.

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
harrys

Post by harrys »

Ja sure they are into concervation @#$ that's a lot of BS, all they are interested in is the money they can make /ou/ I hope it flops big time :twisted:

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

What on earth is the helicopter doing there? 0-

Return to “Proposed Developments, KNP”