Road Report - getting to & from Kruger

How to get there, road updates
Dzombo

Re: Road Report - getting to & from Kruger

Post by Dzombo »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 pm I will definitely be flying to Phala. Never again will I drive alone on a SA road.
I can appreciate that.

For me, I am really not keen to fly on those tiny planes.
Also it's a fortune for the 2 of us to fly. Over £500 (approx. R9,000)
And finally SA Express and Airlink seem to be in a precarious position.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I understand very well your reasons for not flying ;-) \O

When we were two I had no trouble driving. After all it is not that far; though I do not like the pick up and drop off location of the car at O.R Tambo 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

10 Arrested during Machadodorp protests
They have been charged with public violence.
2 hours ago

The truck that was set alight on Friday.

Arisa Janse van Rensburg
MACHADODORP – Four people were arrested on Monday for public violence after protests flared up again in this usually sleepy town. This is after six people were apprehended on the same charges during protests last week.

According to police spokesman Col Mtsholi Bhembe, the six appeared in court yesterday and are aged between 18 and 52. The protests erupted after a video was released of Bruce Botha and Wayne Swart assaulting Godfrey Masuka last week.

Backed up traffic due to the protests on Friday.

Botha and Swart were arrested. They appeared in the Belfast Magistrate’s Court on Friday where they were granted bail of R500 each. This sent the community into a rage and they proceeded to burn a truck on the N4. They also damaged two police vehicles as well as the court’s palisades.

Police spokesman Brig Leonard Hlati said in a statement on Friday that SAPS urge members of the public to stop using violence when they have a dissatisfaction of any nature or to settle scores.

“We understand the community is angry that the suspects have been granted bail. However, the fact that a suspect has been granted bail does not mean there is no case nor implies that the suspect is not guilty,” Hlati said.

Lowvelder previously reported that Botha and Swart were called by Ridwaan Isnail after one of his employees were allegedly assaulted by Masuku.

Protesters leaving the police station last week.

According to Isnail, this was part of a vendetta by Masuku’s employer, Mpumelelo Ndlovu, who he had evicted from a property earlier this year. Isnail allegedly received death threats and after his shop was looted and burned down on Tuesday he fled to an undisclosed location.

“The protests have been calmed by the police on Monday morning. Police are monitoring the situation and to my knowledge, the roads have been opened,” Bhembe said.

https://lowvelder.co.za/450896/10-arres ... -protests/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Police spokesman Brig Leonard Hlati said in a statement on Friday that SAPS urge members of the public to stop using violence when they have a dissatisfaction of any nature or to settle scores.
Finally somebody says it!! They do not even know what has really happened 0*\

I hate any form of vandalism, it always touches people who has had nothing to do with the problem 0=

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes: O/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Yes, it's called "due process"

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

2018 Toll Fees

TollFees2018.pdf
(43.74 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

BREAKING NEWS: Protests continue at Waterval Boven
Community member are demanding action against a local councillor.
3 hours ago
Arisa Janse van Rensburg

Protesters in the streets of the township last week.

WATERVAL BOVEN – The township protests started again today after coming to a halt over the weekend.

The protests started last week after the community demanded that local councillor, Themba Masha be fired.

He is allegedly the head of a gang terrorising the streets of the township.

Lowvelder reported that the gang allegedly assaulted and kidnapped community member, Joe Mlangeni, on Sunday. His death was confirmed early Tuesday morning.

Police spokesman, Sgt Gerald Sedibe said that community members barricaded the streets again this morning, but that the protests were only in the township itself.

“No arrests have been made yet and police are monitoring the situation on the scene,” Sedibe said.

Masha did not want to comment on the allegations.

Lowvelder will keep you updated as the developments unfold.

https://lowvelder.co.za/456135/breaking ... val-boven/

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

How are the councillors elected? Popular vote I suppose -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

The residents set fire to a truck in the tunnel last week. O**

Return to “Travelling to and from Kruger”