Identified Tuskers of Kruger National Park

Discussions and information on all Southern African Mammals
aat

Kaleka

Post by aat »

Kaleka

April 2018

It's my good old friend KALEKA. The day before I met him I had a chat with a ranger about the tuskers in the area and I asked him if he has seen Kaleka (I showed him the pictures of him). He told me he saw him about a month ago. Next morning I was the only one at the gate (6 AM) and decided to go first to Mooiplaas (waterhole). Nothing to see so took one of the dirtroads and a few minutes later I was Face to Face with KALEKA. Just a few meters away from me. He is old but very relaxed and easy. A great moment ! Talking about him yesterday and today he is here... a little wonder.

Some pictures at short distance:

-
-

and
-
-

and
-
-

Crossing the road in front of me

-
-

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
aat

Nhlowa

Post by aat »

Nhlowa

April 15th, 2018 early morning we took the Gomondwane Loop and with a "you never know what" we went to Duke's waterhole. Incredible but there he was: NHLOWA. He was eating (what else...) but halfway in the bush, so we waited .... Then he came out for some "toilet activities". He was standing there and walking slowly towards us... well have a look. A few days later we saw him again with another tusker .... yes a New one ... I will present him next time.

-
-

and
-
-

and
-
-

Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
aat

Dzuweni

Post by aat »

Dzuweni

April 2018

Introducing a new tusker. A few days after meeting up with NHLOWA I saw him again , this time he introduced me to a new tusker. I named him DZUWENI (after a small spruit in the Crocodile Bride / Lower Sabie region)
I photographed him in 2014 with the idea "could be a interesing one later on" and what happened ? His tusks have been growing fast in 4 years time.

First the photo's of him made April 17th

DZUWENI with askari
-
-

and
-
-

Coming closer to me because he was asking for his own page on the tusker site
-
-

And here together on one photo with NHLOWA (background)
-
-

This one is made in 2014 , inpressive growth of tusks :-) :-)
-
-

aat

Ngodzi

Post by aat »

Ngodzi

April 2018

Presenting the last tusker I saw during our trip. It's our last full day in Kruger and decided to go to Mopani area. In my mind ... Ngodzi, just a wish , to see him again. Driving the S50 along Nshawu but no tusker around, up to Tihongonyeni and then we had a real wonderful sighting, not with one specific animal but with much more. Imagine , you are at Tihongonyeni, all green grass around looking over the field... the right hand side a group of 27 Eland.... in the middle several big bulls including , yes... NGODZI and zebra and wildebeast and at the left hand side another group of 14 Eland... sunset.... in the background a big herd of Buffalo coming to the waterhole and also many many austriches , lots of adults and almost adults. It really was an incredible sighting.... I picked some photos of NGODZI, the other ones will be in one of the TT stories later on.

NGODZI , first far away and slowly coming closer. Because of the time we could not stay till he came close to the waterhole, but it was great to see him again. (NAN, you saw this guy already in 2009 O0 ) It'was the 5th time I met him.

-
-

and

-
-

and

-
-

Pumbaa

Zambhala

Post by Pumbaa »

Zambhala

We spotted this guy along the H4-2 close to Lower Sabie on 12.02.2018

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
steamtrainfan

Kaleka

Post by steamtrainfan »

Kaleka

Seen at Mooiplaas, June 2018.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
leachy

Satara 01

Post by leachy »

Satara 01

Satara area, July 2018.

the future is not what it used to be
Peter Betts

Ngodzi

Post by Peter Betts »

Ngodzi

Mooiplaas waterhole

The same ellie on another day /evening departing Mooiplaas Windmill with his Askaris

The same ellie crossing the main tar road past far north of Eendrag windmill

Moggiedog

Ngodzi

Post by Moggiedog »

Ngodzi

Sable Dam in 2013.

harrys

Kalekai

Post by harrys »

Kaleka

October 2018

Marakele day trips