Hows this for a plan?

Advice, information and discussions on travelling in Southern Africa
SammyA

Re: Hows this for a plan?

Post by SammyA »

Lisbeth - I wish The Husband could get another week off but his boss says no :-( He doesn't want to fly on his own (big baby) so I can't come earlier either

Thanks everyone for all your input X#X

So hows this for an improved version

Fly UK-Jo'burg-Durban, night somewhere around Durban because we it'll be afternoon by then and we won't feel like driving
Drive up to St Lucia/Cape Vidal, have a few days at the beach, looking for birds
Drive through Swaziland, stopping a night in Hlane to see some rhinos
Drive to Kruger, stay at Lower Sabie, Satara and instead of Pretoriuskop go further north to Olifants or Letaba?
Leave KNP back to Jo'burg then back to the UK

:ty:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Generally it sounds good \O You do need a stop over before going to St. Lucia. We did not and I drove the last piece of road in the pitch dark ( on the wrong side of the road ;-) ) in a car that I had just met. It was not a nice experience and we also had trouble finding our guest house and the streets were deserted. Never again O-/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
SammyA

Post by SammyA »

We definitely need to stop that first night, even though we will still be driving on the correct side of the road ;-)

nan

Post by nan »

SammyA wrote:We definitely need to stop that first night, even though we will still be driving on the correct side of the road ;-)
easy for you... or :-?

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Since you are doing all this flying, why not fly to Richard's Bay, spend a few days at Maphelane or Kosi or Mabibi, back to Richard's bay and fly to Kruger? Will be more expensive though, but more quality time?

SammyA

Post by SammyA »

nan wrote:
SammyA wrote:We definitely need to stop that first night, even though we will still be driving on the correct side of the road ;-)
easy for you... or :-?
Much easier for us Nan, I'm sure The Husband could cope with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road but I don't think I'd want to O-/
Peter Connan wrote:Since you are doing all this flying, why not fly to Richard's Bay, spend a few days at Maphelane or Kosi or Mabibi, back to Richard's bay and fly to Kruger? Will be more expensive though, but more quality time?
I didn't know Richards Bay had an airport, I'm thinking the extra flights might push us over budget (we can fly to Durban fairly cheaply if we fly Kulula or Mango).

I'll look into it though :ty:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Everything sounds good, Sammy! :twisted:

Agreed with not going to countries where they drive on the wrong side of the road! (0!) :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
SammyA

Post by SammyA »

\O Just need to wait until I can buy the plane tickets now lol

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And for March to grab your desired accommodation in Kruger. O** Good luck with it!
But I think you chose a good month to travel as February is one of the very few slower times in the national parks.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

But also rain and tall grass ;-) You cannot get it all lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Advice and Discussions”