Kgalagadi Leopard Discussions

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Kgalagadi Leopard Discussions

Post by Richprins »

lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:25 am :shock: :shock: Seems we were at that same sighting ^Q^

From my recollection (often faulty O** ), we were the first car to see him, then a second car appeared behind us and quickly spotted him as well. While backing up, we stopped to inform another car (4th one??) of what we were seeing....which one were you? -O- -O-

Since I have no idea of what you "guys" look like, I suppose we interacted at some point 0/0 We were in the Honeymoon tent and totally missed the leopard sightings of Itumeleng at the waterhole on the night of the 16th. You'll NEVER guess what I was busy doing 0*\

Sitting outside in the car enclosure taking pics of insects <zz> 0- Even ones engaged in Klippie's Giggle of the Day activities O** O** .

After all, it IS the HONEYMOON tent. 0/0 0/0
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously? We were in Unit 1, so actually we were even next door neighbours so to speak... And I'm surprised our SOs didn't recognize each other either because they had spoken in the communal at Grootkolk at some point. Last year? The year before? I can't remember exactly, but the two of us figured out later that we had been in the same camp.

That morning we would have gone south like every day. I was on a mission to find Miera. Which never happened, obviously. But then the neighbours in 2, 3 and 4, who were all travelling together (with radio to keep in touch with each other at all times and exchange intelligence about the nice sightings..) had told the tall tale about having seen two leopards together at 14th in the morning of the 14th and another two at 13th the same evening. Hence the SO was keen to check those out. And when we arrived, there were actually three cars there already driving backwards, so it became clear quite quickly that one of the leopards must have been in the riverbed.

And now the embarrassing bit: I looked at you (obviously, since we only spoke to the people of one car and you informed only one car about the leopard...) when you spoke to us, but I don't think I would be able to recognize you again next time :o0ps: :o0ps: :o0ps: I'm sorry. I was so focused on getting some shots of that leopard for ID purposes that I only had eyes for him :O^

Even if we found at least Botshelo, I still don't believe the story about those leopards. On the book of faces I found a video of Botshelo drinking at 14th on the 14th. It was just him and no other leopard around. Now what are the chances that there were two together before or after that? O**

Then, two leopards at 13th also not very likely. It's mainly Tsamma there and she looks heavily pregnant and therefore not interested in hooking up with Botshelo - who is quite a walker it seems.

Also, I had thought, that you were there mainly in September, from your postings on the mammal challenge... When did you leave the park?

Oh, and I had the white-browed sparrow-weavers doing honeymoon stuff at our unit :X: lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

0/* Same here as far as focusing on pics of the leopard rather than who's in the car we wanted to alert to the sighting - I asked SO and he, too, has no idea what you two looked like if we were to see you again 0- 0-

We do seem to have another trait in common (I'm also of German heritage - Grandmother born there) - one-track minds X#X

Yes, we heard about the TWO leopards, and were even at the sighting and being told there was a kill with one leopard in the tree (I do have pics from FAR away), and the other on the ground behind the tree, but never saw it after staying quite a bit of time. :-( -O- -O-

I'll post my cheetah/leopard pics for your help soon, but the ones you posted already certainly help me with possibilities. 0/0 You're a real sweetheart. :yes: :ty:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Learn to multitask girls lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Okay, will finish up my leopard sightings - 2 sightings of Tsamma, and one that I can't ID and have only 2 pics of from FAR away in poor light - sorry Mel :o0ps: , and good luck O0

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

TSAMMA - 9/27 12:02PM ; in tree at Dertiende (was told there was a 2nd one on the ground, but never saw it)
Tsamma1.jpg
Tsamma1.jpg (545.92 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Tsamma1_2.jpg
Tsamma1_2.jpg (532.05 KiB) Viewed 912 times

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

TSAMMA 10/15 5PM ; under tree @ Dertiende
Tsamma2.jpg
Tsamma2.jpg (535.93 KiB) Viewed 912 times

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Here are the "Mission Impossible" pics 0*\

10/8 11:56AM ; lying on "dune" in front of rocky ridge, then moved to shadier spot in ridge
leop2.jpg
leop2.jpg (384.47 KiB) Viewed 912 times
leop2_2.jpg
leop2_2.jpg (427.04 KiB) Viewed 912 times

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:43 pm Here are the "Mission Impossible" pics 0*\

10/8 11:56AM ; lying on "dune" in front of rocky ridge, then moved to shadier spot in ridge
Could you give me an approximate location, please? Makes the searching progress easier :-0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I've added Tsamma to the sightings thread and also Botshelo to my post,
advising which was your and which was my version of the sighting lol

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”