Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
ExFmem

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Post by ExFmem »

What an interesting update, Mel ^Q^ ^Q^ . Will be fun to see how this peculiar family group fares. (How does he know he's the father?....or how do most men, har har 0' )

ExFmem

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Sightings

Post by ExFmem »

:ty: :ty: You're a true treasure. 0/0

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Probably the cheetahs are better at it, they go by nose O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

So... some not so great news is that Lizzie lost two of her cubs by now. The first one probably got separated from the family and was most likely a victim of the feisty jackals. The other was killed by a lion, just because he could @#$

On a positive note:
A few days ago Corinne and Hanri together with their respective offspring shared a gemsbok calf meal together. It wasn't a baby calf anymore, already had some 20 cm horn, and the cheetahs fought hard to bring it down. Mother gemsbok was useless and didn't even try to save her kid. She rather ran for her life.... Misty was quite bitchy with Corinnes female cub and would try to prevent her from eating. Poor thing. :-( Corinne's male cubs as well as Miles seem to be quite bold and fearless when it comes to chasing food. ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

\O ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Thanks for the update. Sad news indeed.

Has someone posted pics of the Corinne/Hanri + cubs interaction and kill? Would love to see that encounter! :yes: 0()

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

No photos yet, Ex. One of our cheetah team on FB saw it, but he'll be in the park, like forever. Therefore not able to provide photos.
And apparently, not many people saw the actual kill because they were all down at the waterhole while it happened on the dune road behind it. Maybe some photos of the feeding will pop up on FB eventually.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

The waterhole was Montrose for the Hanri cheetah sighting where they drank before their successful hunt.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Thanks, Ex \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Sightings

Post by Richprins »

So green! :shock: :shock:

Well done, Mello! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”