Re: 3 SANParks employees arrested in connection with rhino p

Post by Toko »

Lawrence Baloi, a ranger of the Lower Sabie, knows
Obviously he knows :evil: :evil: :evil:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The "malicious police treatment" happened with the MTPA safe robbers accused as well, ironically... just saying...

It is a joke...you send your gardener and a mate to go and shoot a rhino quickly, and carry on with antipoaching?

What is even more irritating is that Mabasa says kudos to all involved in the arrest, whereas it happened fortuitously? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Scenario like this leaves much room for thought,
little room for consolation!!! Our would be curator
of heritage seems to harbor great evil!!!!

Extrapolated, our would be democrasy seems to
harbor no constraint for self,...

It's become a mess and oh dear in the public eye
out there, cannot be anything to be proud of!!

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It is a mess.

One may also inspect our "Freedom Charter" and our Constitution regarding mention made of conservation...seems to be on the back-burner there?

Mindset problem...

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Bushcraft wrote:RP, I’m in the game of security and a pre qualification is a thing called PSIRA, google it. All SANParks staff are in the business of securing our parks, so shouldn’t they have to qualify under the same scrutiny. I have to submit to a polygraph as a pre qualification, shouldn’t they -O- :-?
Not sure, BC? What question must they answer? -O-

PennyinSA

Post by PennyinSA »

Hmmm lots of things start adding up in my brain - the snared leopard within a 5 klm radius of Lower Sabie along with lots of other negative reports. I am like a broken gramnaphone record - clean out the staff camps - there is obviously a thriving bush meat trade going on. Lifestyle audits. Polygraph tests and above all employ people who really want to be there not because its a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am off to the Park on Friday and will report back on all levels on my return.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

In spite of all the above, I wish you a great visit to KNP, Penny \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Enjoy your trip, Penny! O0

Ja, the simple thing is that there is no reason why Kruger/SANParks should somehow be a paradise regarding corruption and thievery compared to the rest of the country...

Simply illogical?

I said that on SP forums 5 years ago.

Also, The staff village thing made a big stir 2 years ago.

One positive is that the villages have been raided a couple of times, but as with the rest of SA, early warning plays a role there too, IMO.

Regarding lifestyle audits, the first thing the newly rich poachers/corrupt officials do is buy a fancy car, for some reason, which has led to arrests or monitoring in Kruger and elsewhere...you are dead right!

Don't know if it is as much of a bushmeat trade as people visiting or staying with staff, or staff, just helping themselves. Snaring is a primitive and time-consuming business, according to the newly entitled, IMO...they will just go and shoot.

Bottom line is, as in the rest of SA, Working and having a job are two separate concepts for many...some land a job and then sit back and see how they can avoid working and make money elsewhere while on the payroll.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:
Bushcraft wrote:RP, I’m in the game of security and a pre qualification is a thing called PSIRA, google it. All SANParks staff are in the business of securing our parks, so shouldn’t they have to qualify under the same scrutiny. I have to submit to a polygraph as a pre qualification, shouldn’t they -O- :-?
Not sure, BC? What question must they answer? -O-
It all hinges on whether it could be considered that a ranger is now providing a security service also. If it’s deemed that they are now offering a security service as part of their job, then the PSIRA act applies \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Kruger Section Ranger Arrested!!

Post by Richprins »

Good point, BC! If you could make a little mail, one could forward it to the relevant stakeholders? X#X ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Return to “Rhino Management and Poaching”