TMNP Thread Activation

Information & Discussions on Table Mountain National Park
trailrunner

TMNP Thread Activation

Post by trailrunner »

TMNP Thread Activation

As a Kaapenaar I have been called upon to get the TMNP forum activated and would like to request that we as Capies and those who have a vested interest in our most beautiful mountain range get a bit more proactive with regard to the Table Mountain National Park thread.

It should be noted that TMNP is the most visited of all of the parks under the Sanparks umbrella and really does deserve more attention within the Africa Wild forum.
As the park prides itself on its uniqueness as being one of very few globally that falls almost completely within an urban area, it provides the ideal opportunity for both locals, South Africans and overseas guests to visit either briefly or at their leisure.

There is no other park in the country that offers as wide a range of potential activities which stretch from free rock face climbing to a gentle stroll with your dog and much in between. Hemmed in by the sea on one side and the leafy residential suburbs on the other, there is an eclectic mix of wonderful floral and faunal biodiversity, largely endemic to the mountain range.

The aim for now is to encourage forumites to get more involved in this wonderful park and to let us know about your experiences both good and not so good.

We urge you please to come up with ideas for threads and encourage you to post here under the TMNP heading.

To get the ball rolling here are a few ideas for threads please pick up on one of these or create your own:

Flora and fauna of TMNP

Security on the Table Mountain range

Walks, Rides, Runs and other activities within TMNP

Images taken within TMNP

Breaking dawn on Lions Head

Please also feel free to post information or stories on the three big attractions of The Cableway, Kirstenbosch and Cape Point.

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: TMNP Thread Activation

Post by Richprins »

Good spelling! \O

Thanks, trail! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Toko

Post by Toko »

0/* trailrunner

would like to have a topic on the TMNP fynbos O/\ O/\ O/\ with all the cool conebushes and other plants.

And can we have anything for the penguins - they deserve their topic, too ???

O0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And I would like to have images taken within TMNP - not only because of the breaking dawn,
which is incredibly stunning. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Thanks for running with this TR!! \O

nan

Post by nan »

will have a look ;-)
O/\ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

nan, what is your plan to do in the area when you go there soon? Will you bring us some nice birdies or plants or what's on the cards and your interest?

nan

Post by nan »

Toko wrote:nan, what is your plan to do in the area when you go there soon? Will you bring us some nice birdies or plants or what's on the cards and your interest?
I've got already some... but I will have a lot more O/\ O/\ O/\

https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

More of what?

nan

Post by nan »

Image O/\ O/\ O/\