New Units Being Constructed at Mountain Zebra

Information & Discussions on Mountain Zebra National Park
Puff Addy

New Units Being Constructed at Mountain Zebra

Post by Puff Addy »

New units being constructed

Due to Mountain Zebra National Park’s gaining popularity, more units are being built to allow more visitors to enjoy the Park. Please bear with us as there will be some construction noise in the rest camp between 09:00 and 17:00. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Construction is estimated to be finalised by March 2017.

https://www.sanparks.org/parks/mountain_zebra/

We consider ourselves to be amongst MZNP's biggest fans, but my wife and I will not be returning here, nor to any other SANPark in the near future or, in fact, ever. We had a four-park trip planned for 2017, but this is now off the cards and we will be making different plans for our next SA trip.

SANParks modus operandi is increased visitor numbers over everything else, including habitat for animals and plants as well as the human experiences of tranquility, solitude, etc. And as it does this it has the chutzpah to demand a "conservation" fee.

SANParks is now first and foremost a tourism development corporation which is not acting in the best interests of the living organisms it was established to protect, nor does it listen to those who would be its most vocal supporters if it did so.

So, goodbye Mountain Zebra National Park. I am sorry we had anything to do with you and have by our visits contributed to the loss of what makes you so special. Spending time in a place that you love shouldn't have to mean contributing to its ruination at the same time, but in SANParks' case, that's exactly what happens.

Puff Addy

Re: New Units Being Constructed at Mountain Zebra

Post by Puff Addy »

I posted the same to the SANParks forum and it only took 32 minutes for it to be moved to Service-Related Feedback, at the bottom of the page.

The topic is locked, of course. 0'

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: General Error message and Glitches

Post by Richprins »

Heresy!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Maybe you are exaggerating, Puffy?

I must admit though that we stayed outside the Kruger Park last time we visited, because our former experiences had taught us that the maintenance of the huts/bungalows is far behind schedule and even when they do something useful they often make mistakes, like an electric kettle that only reaches the
outlet if placed in the sink O** The lack of towel rails, wardrobe etc. are evident and a nuisance 0*\

After all, maybe you are right O** lol
Richprins wrote:Heresy!
Are you pointing at the removal from the SPF or Puffie's considerations? ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Toko

Post by Toko »

Well that's the trend everywhere and SA too will run out of solutide places soon O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

One cannot criticise on SP, Lis! It is a rule! :twisted:

But ja, Puffie, all of us visit SANParks, it is our right, and humans are allowed in nature...30 000 years now!

We must just fight to keep it right! ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Toko

Post by Toko »

That might not be true, we have members who don't do SANParks for obvious reasons lol

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

But all of them have visited! ^0^

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

There are also future plans to turn one of the picnic areas into another campground, thus increasing the amount of people in the park even more. As my wife and I do not want to contribute to things like this, we are not going to visit SANParks.

They have a finite amount of land on which they are adding more and more infrastructure. You never read, for example, "Due to increasing numbers of visitors, we have decided to expand such and such park." Is there a limit to what percentage of the park land can be developed? They brag about a 4% footprint in Kruger. What's the limit? 5%? 10%? 20%? Is there a limit at all, or is everything done according to perceived "demand"?

And, Lisbeth, I am not sure one's feelings can be "exaggerated". At any rate, with regard to SANParks reception of said feelings, I get the idea that after giving them our money, we can all f*ck off if we don't like what they're doing with it. We are going to put our money where our mouths are and say the same back to them.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Puff Addy wrote: And, Lisbeth, I am not sure one's feelings can be "exaggerated"
I was pulling your leg ;-) lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Mountain Zebra National Park”