Mountain Zebra - Umgeni 4x4 Trail

Information & Discussions on Mountain Zebra National Park
Mel
Global Moderator

Mountain Zebra - Umgeni 4x4 Trail

Post by Mel »

A note of warning about this 4x4 trail... It was the first one the SO & I drove during our stay in Mountain Zebra. Unfortunately... Because afterwards we didn't feel brave enough anymore to tackle any other trail. 0*\

The Umgeni is rather challenging. I'm not good at the rates, but it's definitely way above grade 3 0' There were rocks like steep steps with big loose chunks, so that it was hard to get a grip. In fact, we managed to bottom out our 4x4 once on that track. :shock: Not really re-assuring when you look to your left or right and see the scarp right next to you...

We only found out on the last day that the other two are much more accessible and enjoyable. But we'll be back and will get on the others. lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Re: Mountain Zebra - Umgeni 4x4 Trail

Post by Toko »

The Sonnenrust and Juriesdam Trails are super easy =O: and with some driving skills doable without proper 4x4.

I have done the Umngeni two times and it's much more enjoyable the second time, I'd say.

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Mountain Zebra - Umgeni 4x4 Trail

Post by Mel »

Toko wrote:The Sonnenrust and Juriesdam Trails are super easy =O: and with some driving skills doable without proper 4x4.
You could've told me before :twisted:

No second chance for the Umgeni. The SO would kill me just for suggesting it. O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Mountain Zebra National Park”