Your Best Sightings in Kruger

Information and Discussion on the Fauna and Flora of the Kruger Park
JoeKing

Re: Your Best Sightings in Kruger

Post by JoeKing »

my first trip to knp in 10 years.

"Duke"

2 days before the old boy broke his other tusk.

Think they are the last photo's before becoming tusk-less

What a chilled ellie we were about 4m away at one stage.

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/jeroenkel/library/
http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/jeroenkel/library/South%20AFrica%202015-02

some of my Kruger and Pilanesberg Pics
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I was staying at Tzendze in Aug 2009 and everyday I would be the only car leaving at 06h00...mission Eendrag windmill where for the previous 5 mornings I had found the 3 big male lions there abouts. This morning I passed Bowkers Kop where about 10 Mopani Cars had stopped in the dark gloom to watch a White Rhino in such dim light that even the D3S would have been challenged and they didnt know what lay ahead....

Neither did I for this day the male lions were nowhere I pressed on to the turn off to the left onto the Shongololo Road S142 with the just about to rise sun right behind me...PERFECT photographic light...I drove about 5 kms and picked up a small branch of a tree (Ellie debris) under my car which made an aweful noise ...Normally a quick reverse and then 1st gear gets it loose and gone but this time it was properly stuck..Oh dear I will now have to get out and remove it...Road clear in front to the sharp corner to the left 30 metres in front of me...Left /Right..1 dove behind in the road..Out I got and crawled under the car and wow this branch was jammed properly. It took me 2 mins to free it and I got horribly dirty and dusty on the gravel road..I crawled out and spent time dusting myself off and got in started and drove around the corner straight into 13lions walking up the road towards me (The seldom seem Mkiri Pride) Here isa pic of one of them in that lovely light I was talking about..Imagine if I was another 90 secs longer I would have looked out from under the car at 13 sets of lion feet all wanting to lend a hand in getting the branch out :shock: :shock: -O

Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

have had so many fantastic sightings - but the best part of this leopard sighting is that we watched her and her cub for almost three hours without seeing another person or car.

leachy

Post by leachy »

this was on the s100 (where else?)

we were a total of only 3 cars that were with this lioness for about 30 mins during her escapade

here are the best 4 pics just at the end of her 30 minutes of stalking.

the future is not what it used to be
serval

Post by serval »

Near Tshokwane - we were the only human spectators for best part of 30 minutes untill the leopard left.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Great shots all \O \O \O

Man-O-War

Painted Dog

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Love the Man-o-War! \O

Our best LIT sighting