Ban Taxis From Kruger Park

These Petitions are supported by Africa Wild, help us to make a difference by casting your vote here.
Richprins
Committee Member

Ban Taxis From Kruger Park

Post by Richprins »

https://www.change.org/p/sanparks-ban-t ... ional-park

Ban taxi's from Kruger National Park
Freddy Cook started this petition to SANPARKS

A Swiss tourist was killed after a minibus taxi crashed into a Giraffe which fell on his vehicle as a result. See comment and pictures in the linked feed. Many people have reported speeding taxis in Kruger. This is not a isolated incident. With the death of a Swiss tourist maybe now the world will notice.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Ban Taxis From Kruger Park

Post by Lisbeth »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Signed for the SO and I :yes:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

As far as I am concerned it is not taxi’s but the enforcement of laws that is problem. Stop taxi and you will get 3 or 4 cars bringing the people in and behaviour will not be different but 3 x more vehicles speeding. The death last year was a day visitor on way back to Punda gate from Mopani, that was not a taxi. They speed on the road there as they know there are not speed traps there, they go to day visitors area at Mopani from Punda gate and leave there late.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Signed and paid Fr. 5.00.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, Robert. But it has to do a lot with the general invulnerability of taxi owners and operators, I think. They are normally politically connected or owned, with police/traffic cop links.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Still don’t see how invulnerability of taxi owners / operators comes into this. There is no policing at all so individuals, staff, delivery, day visitors, just about anyone who wants speeds because there is no policing so everyone feels invulnerable. Singling out the taxi’s will just get petition ignored as you are singling out a particular group, the race card will come out and that will be end of the petition and things will carry on as is. Petition to have more policing and enforcement of laws, the; that covers all, taxi’s and others.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Staff, contractors, deliverymen and tourists get permits, or do not require them! Stop arguing with me. 0=

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The taxi drivers need a good scare because also on the roads all over the country they are driving as if the rules are not for them. Even if the petition leads only to make someone open the eyes on this problem, I'd be satisfied.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Signed and shared. \O

Return to “Petitions Forum”