In search of wild animals.

Tell us about your interesting Wildlife Experiences
mattie010

In search of wild animals.

Post by mattie010 »

Hi all,

have returned from a rather great trip to South-East Asia. Thailand and Malaysia were great, although the weather was sadly quite bad. Lots of big showers even when we arrived in Malaysia where it should have been the "dry season". Still had a great trip nonetheless!

It started from Düsseldorf airport, Germany where we took the plane to Abu Dhabi - which is essentially just a big desert with sand everywhere. We just had a very quick stopover, since we had some delay and well.. Nearly missed our flights. We landed at Bangkok international airport again with some delay and set off in the direction of our hostel. We flew with etihad and (like last year) something was wrong with our luggage. This time things were broken and ripped apart. One of our flightbags was completely torn off so we had to fill in some things so we would get our money back..

This time it was backpacking: travelling around with nothing more than just your clothes, cameras and flashlights. For all of you to understand it a little this was the route:
Bangkok --> Chiang Rai (bamboo nest) --> Chiang Mai --> Bangkok --> Khao Sok National park --> Perhentian Islands (Keçil) --> Taman Negara national park --> Kuala Lumpur --> Melakka --> Bangkok --> Erewan national park / kanchanaburi

We landed in Bangkok and stayed there for 2 nights. After landing there were some problems - as said - but nothing much to worry about. We drove to our hostel with a cab for just 15 euro (~R225) and considered the driving time of almost one and an half hour this was extremely cheap. I still don't have the photos of Bangkok sorted because of a malfunctioning in my USB stick, so will come back to the photos when talking about Bangkok later - since we saw the city two more times.

What you can expect on this trip report is lots and lots of problems lol
And some animals. We saw many things we didn't expect, but also many things we didn't hope for although we knew we would see them. From tiny scorpions to a baby elephant: we saw a lot! And although Thailand is known as extremely buddhistic, we did not visit any temple.

For tomorrow I hope to have some photos of Chiang Rai converted from RAW to jpeg, since I am new to that and still wondering how to do that 0*\

Flutterby

Re: In search of wild animals.

Post by Flutterby »

Never been to that part of the world, so looking forward to this TT! 0()

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

0() Mattie!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Never mind the lack of temples, they all look alike to me and when you have seen one, you have seen them all 0*\ I'd rather see some scorpions lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Toko

Post by Toko »

Interesting and I am looking forward to some food insights, too lol

mattie010

Post by mattie010 »

Not going to manage all the photos to be ready today. You'll all have to wait for monday, sadly!

We actually ate good, except for a few times lol
We didn't see any insects on our menu, but did see some other strange things - will come back on this somewhere!

nan

Post by nan »

I went to all these parts... O/\ O/\ O/\

looking forward to see Chian Rai and Mai 0()

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Alf

Post by Alf »

Sounds very interesting ^Q^ O/\

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I would like to tag along as well. Sounds really interesting!

Am a bit surprised about your experience with Etihad though. Isn't that supposed to be a great airline. :-?

Since my sister in law has been living in China for a decade and then some and has travelled around Asia a bit as well,
I'm curious what you have to report on difficulties you encountered over there. Will compare notes. lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
mattie010

Post by mattie010 »

Having some problems converting RAW images to JP(E)G... Someone has a good converter?

I thought I had a good one, but it doesn't work anymore.

Return to “Tales of Wildlife Experiences & Animal Behaviour”