In Search of Isbjørn.

Tell us about your interesting Wildlife Experiences
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: In Search of Isbjørn.

Post by Richprins »

Ja! Very good, but too fast!

So start from the beginning and go slower this time!

0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Dewi, your poem is not corny at all...I loved it!! ^Q^ ^Q^

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

OMW..what a fabulous trip ! \O Wonderful narration and of course spectacular photos. ^Q^ This would be my dream trip as well but there is no ways hubby would go on a boat....he just doesn't do boats ! I would have one problem though....there is just no ways I could eat reindeer...just no ways at all. So I guess this is the closest I am going to get to seeing a Polar Bear...sigh. Nevermind those cute foxes and strange looking walruses...bigger sigh......and those Puffins....even bigger sigh !!!
It has taken me a while to read through this but what a pleasure it has been...thanks for sharing. :-)

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Thank you Michele. \O Glad you enjoyed it. The ship was very comfortable and I never felt even a tiny bit queasy while on board and I had not been on a ship for 5 years before this trip, so was expecting to be a bit seasick. I'm sure your hubby would cope with this one. \O

I've just played the pics on a slide show with music to one of my birding friends - I think he was tempted to go. :-)

I'm on a downer now as the realisation hits that it will be a while before I can get away to the wild again. :-(

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Dewi wrote:I'm on a downer now as the realisation hits that it will be a while before I can get away to the wild again. :-(
:-( ---> 0/0 0/0 0/0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

O/\ Thanks Mel. -O \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I thought that living in Wales was being in the wild :-? =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Dewi wrote:Thank you Michele. \O Glad you enjoyed it. The ship was very comfortable and I never felt even a tiny bit queasy while on board and I had not been on a ship for 5 years before this trip, so was expecting to be a bit seasick. I'm sure your hubby would cope with this one. \O

I've just played the pics on a slide show with music to one of my birding friends - I think he was tempted to go. :-)

I'm on a downer now as the realisation hits that it will be a while before I can get away to the wild again. :-(

Aaargh.. I don't think he would cope Dewi..he battled on the pont crossing the border to Sendelingdrift...all of 5 mins !!!!!
Nevermind..it is always something to dream about...one must have dreams.........:)))))))))))

nan

Post by nan »

:-? all was finished when I was... elsewhere... O**
so a lot to read, to admire, comment, read again and....

superb Blacks Guillemots... pretty bumshot chick, Puffins, Artic Tern
and the moustaches of the Walrus -O , portrait of the Kittiwakes, Svalbard Reindeer,
Arctic Foxes and the babies... wow these babies... I want one :O^
just a problem.... did you kill the Reindeer :-? 0*\ 0=

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ and thank you ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Thanks Nan, glad you have caught up. \O

No, I did not kill the reindeer. -O It was one from the farmed stock on the mainland I believe. \O

You will have to join the "I want one" queue and wait your turn for a little fox cub. =O: =O: =O:

Dewi

Return to “Tales of Wildlife Experiences & Animal Behaviour”