What is Wrong with this Picture?

Discuss the technical side of photography
Amoli

Re: What is Wrong with this Picture?

Post by Amoli »

:ty: Dewi and PRWin - these pics are irrepairable.

BT - I have downloaded the Canon Programme, but with a new computer and not being the sharpest IT pencil around, I'm still looking for the downloaded programme. 0-
BluTuna wrote:Amoli, have you tried GIMP? It's supposed to do some of the things that Photoshop does -it's open software so it's free! I've not used it but it's probably better than nothing :-) bearing in mind that you get what you pay for O**

I'm sure Google has some info on it!

I do have Gimp, but alas... 0*\ the above applies here to. I am not getting my head around it to work.

Yet - I will preserve until I go grey... =O: =O:

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Amoli

:shock: :shock: If you have downloaded the DPP program from Canon then go to Window Explore - Favorites - Downloads and look for dppw 3.14.47 -installer.zip ,open and double click on dppw3.14.47-updater.exe (3.14.47) will change depending what version you downloaded :-)

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

PRWIN wrote: If you have downloaded the DPP program from Canon then go to Window Explore - Favorites - Downloads and look for dppw 3.14.47 -installer.zip ,open and double click on dppw3.14.47-updater.exe (3.14.47) will change depending what version you downloaded
Oi, the alien has landed!!!! this one uses a common language to communicate called
photography,.... speaks with beauty in mind!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Amoli

Post by Amoli »

PRWIN wrote:Amoli

:shock: :shock: If you have downloaded the DPP program from Canon then go to Window Explore - Favorites - Downloads and look for dppw 3.14.47 -installer.zip ,open and double click on dppw3.14.47-updater.exe (3.14.47) will change depending what version you downloaded :-)
Thanks Peter - I have now also registered X#X

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Amoli, you should try to take some pics in RAW format and see how you get on.

If you are worried about changing over, look to see if your camera can take pics in RAW and j-peg simultaneously. Most dslr's should have this function, so you will still have the j-peg to use if you prefer. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Amoli

Post by Amoli »

:o0ps: I will try Dewi, but I am scared of what I don't know. I will try.

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

So was I before I dived in head first and had a play around. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I agree with Dewi, I take all my pics in RAW. \O

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

I'm sure there are tutorials online for whichever RAW image editor you decide to use. It's amazing what can be done to an image with this software.

Photoshop is probably the best image manipulation software available but it is quite expensive.

There are other Adobe products which can do most of the standard image manipulation that are cheaper. Lightroom (LR) is probably the most commonly used one of these but there is also Photoshop Essentials (PSE) (I use this one) which costs around US$80. PSE has the full blown Photoshop RAW image editor which is really easy to use. Not sure about LR as I haven't used it.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

You have time to comment here four days before a KTP trip? You are far more organized than I am!

Getting back on topic, I find Lightroom easier to use than Photoshop Elements for editing photos, although it doesn't have layers (which some consider very important). It's biggest advantage though is that it is also great at organizing your photos. You can place your photos into collections, you can key-word them and search by those key-words, you can mark them with stars etc (as a guide of quality), and you can also search by equipment or even settings used (such as searching out all photos taken with a particular camera and lens combination, or photos taken at a particular ISO or shutter speed or date or...

I find these features very handy.

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”